26 March 2017

Budget Trip to Tokyo Japan for 7 Days @ $1400 SGD/pax Part 4

Day 3 of the trip, My friend and I went to Harajuku for breakfast because we made a reservation to Owl Cafe online. Here is the link to their website. We were excited. When I reached Harajuku, I was surprised that there were many students. I was thinking "They do not have class? Or is it Friday so they end class early? But it's 9am only!!.". Hmmm..

We went to Hand Drip Cafe to have our breakfast. The french Toast was delicious, it melt in your mouth. OMG!! 😍😍 I had Soy Latte too but it taste average. Total cost of the breakfast is around 800 Yen (SGD $6.40).

Vintage Design

Vintage Design

Exquisite french toast with hard-boiled egg and salad.
The french toast melt in your mouth. I still can remember the feeling.


Soy Latte. It taste average because i am unable to taste the coffee.
We arrived at the owl cafe. We paid 1500 Yen (SGD $12) for 1hr course with drinks, souvenir and 35 minutes play time with the owls. I think it worth it.

Say "Hi!" to Bob and Wasabi

Small owl

Haku and Canon

The cafe allows customer to hold the owl with assistance from the staff.

Sorry ladies behind. Beautiful eyes owl. So cute right?

Selfie with Bob.
We imitate Wasabi's "small eyes".
This is still baby owl so we are unable to touch it. Look how beautiful is her eyes.




The staff will introduce all the owls to us and tell us what does the owl likes to be touch so we will not piss the owl.  The staff is also very friendly to answer all questions. 

Thereafter, we went to a foodcourt to have lunch. However, their food court is not like food court in Singapore. The floor and stairs are very colourful. There is photo booth where people able to walk in and take picture with the soft toys, on the sofa provided in the photo booth and etc. There is also stage for celebrities and other performances. 

We ate the kebab stall, Kebab king. I ordered Kebab sushi and My friend ordered Kebabyaki at 500 Yen (SGD $4) each.
Chicken, kebab sauce, rice and wrap with seaweed for sushi Kebab.

So big for 500 Yen only. Can you imagine?
Kebabyaki

Cabbage, kebab chicken, egg and takoyaki sauce.

Just opposite there is a shop,  Zaku Zaku by BAKE, with very long queue. We saw the people standing
outside and eating Chou-Croquant. We went to queue. I don't regret queuing up.
It was crispy on the outside and the custard is smooth and soft.
As we walked down Harajuku street, we saw another owl cafe with Bengal Cat cafe. The owl's forest is cheaper than the previous one we saw. It cost 786 Yen (SGD $6.30) and has unlimited time. The bengal forest cost the same.

We went to bengal cat forest to check it out. We bought ticket for both attractions for 1386 Yen (SGD $11.10). The cats were running around and staying on top of the pole. When you want to touch the cat, the cat will dodge away. I thought WOW the cat is so clever. In my opinion, you have to depend on your luck to play, pat and carry the cats.

Bengal cat on the top self.


On the pillar
We tried to stay longer but it was so difficult to get the cat to even sit on our lap. Hence, we went to visit the owl forest. When we entered, the friendly staff greeted us and told us the dos and don't s.
Following are pictures of the owls in the owl forest.







Wink

The owl's forest was cheap but there is no introductory of us to the owls so we do not know the name of the owl. We were unable to get the owl to stand on our arms. Most of the time we are trying our luck to pat the owl and not to piss the owl. Therefore, do not be "cheated" by the price.

 There is Tourist Information Center in Harajuku. We saw that it is selling tickets to Hedgehog cafe for 1300 Yen (SGD $10.40) and robot restaurant at 6800 Yen (SGD $54.40), which is 1200 Yen (SGD $9.60) cheaper than booking from their website. We went in and bought 2 of the attractions. 

Then we decided to go and see Rainbow Bridge. Rainbow Bridge is an enormous suspension bridge that connects Tokyo with the man-made island of Odaiba. I do not know how do I google and iIgoogled that we alight at Tamachi Station. 😂😂 When we reached then i realized Shibarafuto station is nearer. I told my friend and she still decided to walk. It was damn cold night about 8 degree and windy. We walked all the way to the bridge. Along the way, there was a lot of restaurants and high-rise buildings. Many business men and office ladies walking to the station. I think it is their CBD area. There were many of stores which look like 7-11 within walking distance but not all sell cigarette. Hmmm... As we walked nearer to the destination, it get more quiet and dark. I was worried. We saw a sign written in Japanese and we do not understand. My friend told me to take photo and upload to Google Translate to translate. I don't know even know that. Do you guys know about it? Google translate "Rainbow Bridge", we were jumping in joy!!

When we saw the colorful thingy from far, my friend and i was so excited, we thought we have found the bridge. In the end, it is not the bridge, it is the ferries wheel in Odaiba. The bridge did not light up but we were amazed by the view from where we are. The sea and Odaiba island. Sorry i did not take picture because my handphone died and my camera resolution is not very good. :(

I would go there again and this time I will alight from Shibarafuto station. Do note that the bridge only light up during special occasion which i just found out. I shall check if the rainbow bridge in Korea is also the same before i go. LOL

Rainbow Bridge and Odaiba Island

Entrance of Rainbow Bridge.
My handphone died and we walked back to Tamachi Station from our memory. Walking through the cold and windy night.

Stay tuned for part 5 to 7. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment